The RvA recently amended policy rule BR010. This policy rule specifies the conformity assessment activities that the RvA can accredit.
Below is a summary of the most important changes compared to BR010 version 6 of 18 July 2018:
- Repealed Directives have been removed from Annex 2.
- Directive Medical devices has been removed from Annex 2.
- The European Directive on the interoperability of the rail system within the European Union (2016/797/EU) has been transferred from Annex 2 to the EN-ISO/IEC 17065 section of Annex 1, in accordance with the mandatory conformity assessment scheme as used by the European Railway Agency.
- ISO Guide 34 has been removed for EN ISO 17034.
- In Annex 2 (Accreditation in the context of European Directives and Regulations for the purpose of notification as ‘notified body’) the ‘preferred standards’ for accreditation, as is laid down in document EA-2/17:2020, have been incorporated as mandatory standards. Furthermore, a general reference to specific accreditation protocols (SAP’s) has been added for situations where individual Regulations/Directives deviate from the mandatory standard of EA-2/17. As per April 1, 2021, in the context of European Directives and Regulations for the purpose of notification as ‘notified body’, only applications for accreditation that are congruent with the mandatory standard will be accepted.
Click here for the up-to-date version of the BR010.
News item: Mandatory accreditation standard for notified bodies